Monday, April 11, 2011

Trip home to AZ :)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Emily is going to be a big sister two days after her 2nd Birthday!! Nov. 12th We are so excited! Honestly it happened alot faster than we thought it would and we can't believe we are going to have another little bundle of joy kind of soon. Hope we can handle it! :) All I know is that bottles have got to go as well as hopefully diapers before this next one arrives!!!
We went home for a visit for about 5 days. It was so fun to watch Emily with her cousins! Fun and sad at the same time. Sad that she doesnt get to play with them more often!! It was so nice because I found myself just sitting on the couch not worried about where she was because I knew she was with 4 other girls!! That never happens at home. She is by my side or playing near 100% of the time! It was kind of a break for me!! :)
Kaitlyn-5 being smashed by Kamryn-20months and Emily-17months! They stayed like this for ten minutes!!
We drove to AZ and Emily and I flew back. Suprisingly Emily did awesome on the 12.5 hour drive. We left at 630 pm and she fell asleep eating chicken nuggets until 8. Then she went back down at 9 and we stopped at a hotel at midnight. She was up for an hour:( She slept good though once she was down! She had a makeshift bed out of the pull-out couch!! I was a little worried but she did great! We left at 730 the next morning and got into Mesa about 230. First things first we got Mexican food for lunch and had Barros Pizza for dinner!!
Emily smelling a Gold Canyon Candle. Whatever kept her happy in the car!!
Reading a book!! :)
Got to Gma and Gpa Adairs that afternoon! She found the statues on the piano and loved them! She kept giving Jesus hugs and kisses!

Such a cutie pie!
Loves sitting at the piano! Gma and Gpa Adair's house is the only one she gets to play at!
We sing Wheels on the Bus alot!! Her favorite part is The babies on the bus go Waa Waa Waa!! She does the actions and says Waa Waa Waa...sometimes she will just do this out of nowhere! We love it!
The she does the Mama's say Shh Shh Shh!!
One of her other favorite things to do is get into cupboards! She gets under our sink all of the time. Well she found one at the Adairs too! Full of Diet Cokes! Didn't stop her!! The next day Gma and Gpa emptied a cupboard out just for her!!
Squeeze in...! Then she says Bye Bye! :)
The night before I left I was able to go out with these ladies! Stephanie who I have known since we moved into her neighborhood when I was 12 and Joni who was our leader in Mia Maids back in the day. We had such a great group back then! I don't know a lot of people who became great friends with their mia maid leader but we sure did... (testament to how great of a person Joni is!!) I am so thankful to all of the great examples in my life that I have had!

What a great trip back! We miss AZ!! :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on #2! That is so exciting! I'm sad you lived so close and we didn't get together. Have fun in CO. I don't have FB anymore, so I didn't see it. Emily is so adorable!

Cheryl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was in San Diego with Kathy and she didn't even say a word!!! Now lets see if you can do another one as good as the first! LOL.

ikathy33 said...

I just finally got in to read blogs this morning and there was your great blog!! Sorry I didn't read it sooner. What cute pictures of Emily. You captured her so well. What a cutie-pie!!!

And I didn't tell Cheryl about baby #2, because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to or not. It was sort of hush-hush for a while I thought. Dang!! I should have blabbed!!!

Love you all!!!!!

Linda's Latest said...

Congratulations!!! Looks like you had a great trip. I bet Kathy and Jim were so excited to see you again, and especially Emily.