Sunday, April 12, 2009

Make sure and read all the way to the end:)

This is going to be a long one:) In the last month I threw a baby shower for one of my best friends who moved to California :( Chad and I went on a cruise (would not recommend Carnival), celebrated our first anniversary (can't believe it already has been a year!!!), and found out some exciting news!! (Make sure you read all the way down:)


This girl has been through so much and I am so excited that she is finally pregnant and has been able to carry this baby healthily(is that a word)?? Anyway it was such a blast to have her come down for a weekend. We met at California Pizza Kitchen as soon as she flew in from Cali. Then on Saturday we had a baby shower for her at my mom's..Thanks Mom for the use of your house!!! Here is a pic of the table before all of the food was on it. Notice the watermelon carriage:) I did one for my sister when she was pregnant with her first one back in the day. They are so easy and so cute!! Watermelons aren't in season at the moment though..that is why it is kind of small. With the big ones you use the leftover watermelon rine to make a handle. So fun!!



Right after the shower, Chad and I headed to California. We stayed Saturday night in San Diego and then SUN morning we headed to our ship:) We had a great time, we just would never go on a Carnival cruise again. The food was mediocre and of course that is what is supposed to be the best part. We expected to come home ten pounds heavier instead we came home lighter:)





This is on Catalina Island..we walked through the Botanical Garden up a hill to the Wrigley Memorial supposedly where Mr. Wrigley himself is buried.





This is in Mexico at La Bufadora. One of three blowholes in the world. Kind of interestind!


Can anybody guess what day it was??? St. Patricks Day. This is probably the first time I ever remembered to wear green:)

Chad just had to buy this hat. He even bargained with the seller:) I doubt he will ever wear it but it made for a good picture:)

And last but definitely not least the EXCITING news!!!




We found out Wed that we are pregnant:) SO EXCITED!!! It is something that both Chad and I have wanted for a long time. We can't wait!! We told our parents on Wed eve by giving them bibs that say "What happens at Gmas and Gpas stays at Gmas and Gpas." They knew right away and are excited as well. We were planning on waiting a while to tell everone else but word just gets out and we are just too excited to keep it in!!! So far so good on the being sick thing. I was worried!! Just feeling a little weird but as long as I eat I feel great!! Let's hope it stays that way!! My mom already got me a maternity shirt. I tried it on last night and couldn't help but put a pillow in my shirt...yeah I know kind of silly:) I just wanted to see if it would fit:) More to come on happy happy news!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your pending arrival!! Exciting news. Another baby shower to attend. :) So how far along do you think you are? My guess is that you will be due sometime in dec. :) YEA!!

Cheryl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! We're soooo excited for you both!

ikathy said...

Of course I AM so excited about your baby news!! I also thought that watermelon carriage was so cute!! We'll have to have you make one for your baby shower in about 6 months!! I mean, we'll have to have you teach someone else to make one for your shower...ya baby! And I think you should be happy that the food wasn't that great on the cruise--who wants to gain 10 lbs.??? Really, think about it--you had a great time and didn't gain 10 lbs. Wonderful cruise!
Love, MOM

RPH said...

Congrats you guys! That is great news. And you are going to be a cute pregnant woman! What a fun post.

Shelley Goodman said...

the rumor is true, how exciting! you guys will love being parents...its the best. Congrats!

Patty's Place said...

Yippee!!! I am sooo happy for you both. I'll have to have you over for a celebration dinner.

Nate and Kristen said...

HOORAY!! I'm soooo excited for you two! You'll love being a mommy! It's the best job!

Linda's Latest said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!! It's fun to see all the pictures of what you guys have been up to. We thought about going on that 3 day cruise (on Carnival)good to get your opinion on that.

Clay's gal said...

CONGRATS!!!! You will make such a good little Mama!! We are so excited for you both! WAHOOO!!!

Kristenjane said...

Congrats that is so exciting! I hope that your pregnancy is going well. You are just going to love being a mommy!