Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Emily (Emi)

What a week!! Here is the story: Monday the 9th I had a Dr. appt and they found some protein in my urine...not a big deal..nothing to worry about. They took blood, said I was dilated to a 1.5 and said see ya next week...Way to go four weeks left.
The next day, my principal came into my room and said I needed to call my dr. So I left and did. It was 930 in the morning. The Dr. said my blood work showed signs that I was developing something called HELLP syndrome which is a severe form of pre-eclampsia. I had been swollen for a month and it was getting worse but being on my feet all day even I wasn't worried about it. Apparantly this syndrome can get bad fast (for the mom) and the only way to fix it is to deliver the baby..So by 11:00 Chad and I were on our way to the hospital. Calm and excited. (I was a little worried about not having my classroom to the point of where I was planning on leaving it but everyone at my school is so great and said not to worry too much so I tried not to)

This is me getting a quick bag together...I didn't even know what to take! Look at the non ankles. It is so nice to have my feet back!!

Hospital parking lot:) Chad told me to pose...



I had super high blood pressure so they had to hook me up with magnesium. (the day before and all through the pregnancy my BP had been fine!) The mag made me super sick for two days. I couldn't walk because I was dizzy and foggy in the head. HORRIBLE! They also hooked me up to Potossin. Here is the last pic of the day with a clear headed smile....


I was also informed that due to my platelet levels being so low I would NOT be able to have an epidurral....WHAT?? Crap!! And worse case scenario would be me having to be put to sleep and have a C-Section. That is only if my BPressure got to high...I was begging for that by 4!!!

At 12:30 the Dr. came to break my water. Yuck! By a little before 8 pm I was all ready to push and Baby Girl Emi was born at 8:17. I honestly don't remember much except for the horrible pain and the wonderful husband next to my side telling me I could do it when honestly I knew for sure that I couldn't! Now that it is over I look back and think it wasn't that bad but honestly I just can't remember!!

Whatever happened and no matter how bad the pain, it was totally worth it for this little girl!!!


Emily Grace Adair
November 10th, 2009 (3.6 weeks early)
6 lbs 9 ounces
19.3 inches
PERFECT

11 comments:

Kristenjane said...

Wow! You are amazing, having that little girl all natural! Glad that everything turned out great! I cannot wait until you post pictures of her! Congrats!

ikathy33 said...

Oh!! I'm so glad you posted and I love all the great pictures. And I love the nickname--Emi. That is so perfect. And I love you and Chad and Emi and I'm so glad you are ALL doing so good. I thought those swollen feet were NOT good. Congrats!!

Cheryl said...

She is SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Good job Megan. That must have turned that smile upside down when they told you "no epidural!" Arrrg!!! I had the pre-eclampsia but they gave me a C-section.... actually maybe you should be glad you toughed it out, because now you don't have the scar across your belly... Yuck! Megan, I don't know what you looked like when you were a baby, but she looks an awful lot like Chad! Congratulations to you and Chad, we're so happy for you!

Melanie said...

She's really cute! I'm so glad the doctors caught it in time and you're ok!

cindykaye said...

So happy that we have little Emily in our family. I notice on your blog that you still have your Pregancy Countdown! It says 20 days left! :) Aren't you glad it's all over with? She is such a cutie. I am very proud of you. What a wonderful mom you are.

RPH said...

What a pretty little baby! Congrats you guys! YEA FOR YOU!!!

Melissa Bosen said...

Congratulations on being such a wonder woman! I can't imagine being at school, teaching and thinking I had a month to go...then going through labor & delivery later that day.
Sorry you had to go through so many surprises!
Emi is just beautiful!!

The Filhart Family said...

So can I just say she has got to be the prettiest baby I have ever seen. I mean it! I think she is prettier than my own kids!! I'm so happy for you.

Susan said...

so cute and so jealous I want my little boy here, i have 4 weeks to go and so far it doesnt look like I will go early like you. She is beautiful, and yes its all worth it. I'm remembering labor with Julie and it was HORRIBLE but I'm so ready to do it again... take care of yourself and your cute little girl!

Tara said...

Congrats!!! SO cute! I can't wait to see you at the Christmas party...I hope you guys are coming :)

Kristen said...

I like the picture in the parking lot...is that chad's diet dr pepper on the car? Only I would notice! MMmmm
You're such a good mom and so awesome! Love ya Gal!